- This week, we learned that the FBI recently released their criminal data for the year 2019. The report includes some very interesting highlights. Chief among them? That the rate of violent crime went down slightly, while the number of lawful armed-citizen defensive shootings went up.
- Two of the more challenging aspects of operating a pistol for those who are new to shooting sports, or have lower levels of hand strength, include pulling back the slide and pressing rounds of ammunition into the magazine. If any of that sounds familiar, don't miss this article detailing why Smith & Wesson's M&P 380 Shield EZ series has been a game-changer for many shooters.
- If COVID-19 has taught America anything, it's that the food supply chain is more fragile than we guessed. If it's time for your household to stock up on emergency food supplies, NRA Family has a list of five favorite freeze-dried foods.
- If you’ve ever worried that the candles on your birthday cake will set off the smoke alarm, imagine what it must be like to be Beretta. On October 3, 2020 Beretta celebrated a jaw-dropping 494 years of continuous, family-owned business. But what other gun companies are "getting up there" in years?
- Recoil is a matter of physics, but the way you process it is a matter of perception. Carrie Lightfoot of The Well Armed Woman has some excellent advice for making shooting a way to get your kicks...not to get kicked.
- Your NRA just won a lawsuit against the city of Los Angeles after its government tried to punish city contractors for having any ties to the National Rifle Association. Here's what went down.
- A few months ago, a writer and ex-CIA officer named Robert Montgomery contacted us with one of the most gripping tales of home defense that we've read in a long time. (You can read his article here.) Montgomery recently published a book, Seconds to Live or Die, and it's the latest addition to our library.
- Less than a month remains before the 2020 Presidential election, and the future of the Second Amendment is at stake. Karen Mehall Phillips, of the Hunter's Leadership Forum, has some excellent advice for discussing your beliefs with the "anti" side. Her article is framed for the hunting side of the debate, but the tactics translate easily to gun rights in general. Here's the scoop.
- The dissolution of iconic gun manufacturer Remington continues. This week, American Rifleman's Mark Keefe delves into what the future may hold for Marlin, which (along with H&R) has also just been sold. What's next for the lever-gun manufacturer?